The Ultimate James Bond Trivia
Read through these obscure facts and you will be a 007 aficionado in seconds
Name: Bond, James
Height: 183cm, Weight: 76 kilograms, slim build , Eyes: blue, Hair: black, Scar : down right cheek and on left shoulder, Signs of Plastic Surgery on back of right hand, All-round athlete, Expert pistol shot, Boxer, Knife-thrower. Does not use disguises.
Languages: French and German
Vices: Smokes heavily (NB: special cigarettes with three gold bands), Drinks but not to excess, Women.
'Not thought to accept bribes.’
Ian Fleming 'From Russia With Love'
Obscure Spectre Facts
- While filming in Rome the Mayor shut down the busiest road in the country for 007's high speed car chase.
- Spectre was also filmed in Morocco, Austria and Mexico.
- Streets along the plaza in Mexico City were shut down for 4 days to film.
- It took 6 months to create the costumes for the 1500 extras in the 'Dawn of the Dead' scene.
- Daniel Craig is contracted for a fifth turn as 007 in 'BOND 25'.
- Reportedly the movie is massively over budget and estimated to end up around $350 million dollars making it the most expensive production cost of a James Bond movie.
- The new James Bond car in the film is the new Aston Martin DB10. The CEO of Aston Martin Tweeted, 'It is strictly created for James Bond and limited to ten cars only. It is the most exclusive car of the DB series ever.' New styling direction has given it a more angular look than ever before witnessed on an Aston Martin.
- S.P.E.C.T.R.E is an acronym which stands for Special Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion.
Who Was Ian Fleming?
English author, journalist and naval intelligence officer
May 28, 1908- August 12, 1964
May 28, 1908- August 12, 1964
Ian Fleming created the phenomenon in which has become the greatest secret agent the world has ever known. Ian Lancaster Fleming came from an extremely wealthy family of Scottish bankers. His father was member of Parliament. His family made their fortune from manufacturing and selling jute fabrics used for saddlebags in the American Civil War. With those profits a series of investment trusts were formed by Scottish investors in overseas ventures. They funded the American railroads. They focused on overseas energies in Asia and Africa, and they created an institution of private investors from around the world. The family moved their business headquarters from Scotland to London in 1909. Ian's family business was sold to Chase Manhattan Bank for over $7 billion in 2000. It was no secret that Ian was born into a well connected family. Their holdings was once reported at having over 8,000 employees with operations in 44 countries.
Ian was educated in the world's most prestigious educational institutions being Eaton, Sandhurst and briefly at the Universities of Munich and Geneva.
Ian began working for Britain's Naval Intelligence Division during WWII. Fleming was involved in overseaing two special ops units that went by the code names of , the
'30 Assault Unit' and 'T-Force'.
His wartime service and his career as a journalist is what gave depth to James Bond novels.
Obscure Facts about Ian Fleming
After the war had ended and at age 44 Fleming wrote his first Bond novel 'Casino Royal' in 1952, which sold over 1 million copies worldwide. Eleven more Bond novels were written completing the series.
The first Bond film 'Dr. No' was released in 1962 and began one of the greatest franchises in film history introducing Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and Daniel Craig as the leading men.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' was a story which Ian Fleming created for his son Caspar at bedtime. It is a tale about a magical car that flies, floats and even thinks. This delightful story follows 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' and the Pott family as they embark upon adventures that take them to the sky, the sea and beyond!